March 29-30, 2019 at Camp Mountain Run –Walker Center (breakfast and lunch included). REGISTRATION: 6:30pm.
* There is a $10 fee for this training which covers the cost of food and the materials that are provided. Please RSVP by March 27th.
BALOO training is REQUIRED for all Pack camping activities per Guide to Safe Scouting and your unit must have at least one trained leader in BALOO in order to attend Cub Scout resident camp.
You’ll be able to do the following after attending BALOO Training:
- Understand the camping equipment needs of an individual and a group of Cub Scouts
- Demonstrate the proper ingredients of a successful campfire program.
- Describe the applicable safety standards for fire, water and weather conditions.
- Explain how the outdoor program runs progressively through the different age levels of Scouting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of foil cooking practices.
- Understand the focus of Cub Scout level outdoor cooking.
- Describe health, safety and sanitation procedures for outdoor activities.
- Organize and lead different types of nature hikes with confidence.
- Demonstrate and supervise the lighting and operation of different styles of camp stoves and lanterns.
- Describe the advantages of using stoves over campfire style cooking.
- Have fun on a campout.
- And much more!
Pre-requisite training can be found on my.scouting.org.