Summer Camp Staff
If you are looking to work at Camp Mountain Run during the summer camp season, please fill out the online Seasonal Camp Staff Application. Once you submit the application it will be transmitted to the Council Service Center and the Camp Director.
We currently have openings for the following positions for the Summer of 2023:
- Assistant Cook
- Dining Hall Steward
- Archery instructor
- Rifle Instructor (must have NRA certification)
- Quartermaster/Assistant Ranger
Here is a checklist of the forms that need to be completed by June 1st. Please upload all of them at the same time to upload site (forms must be less than 2MB in size, preferably in a pdf format).
- Training certificates from my.scouting.org
- “Youth Protection”
- “Program Safety”
- Training certificate from the SkillSoft website.
- “Workplace Harassment Prevention Training”. Seasonal employees will select if they are in a manager (director) or employee role and the correct training will automatically be assigned to them. Please print the completion certificate at the end of the training.
- Signed copy of Letter of Employment.
- BSA registration form (no registration fee if currently BSA registered). All camp staff must enter code “68” (under 18 years of age) or “49” (18 years of age or older) to trigger dual enrollment.
- PA Clearances for all paid employees and volunteers. (When filling out, please have them mailed to Bucktail Council, 209 1st St., DuBois, PA 15801.)
- W-4 (please note that the IRS has created a new W-4 is required this year)
- I-9 with copies of 2 forms of identification (birth certificate, social security card, driver’s license) or a single copy of your Passport.
- Local tax form (with PSD Code found at PA Department of Community and Economic Growth website)
- Employee Direct Deposit Authorization (ACH) This must be signed with a copy of a voided check or deposit slip.
- Scouter Code of Conduct This must be signed and dated at bottom.
- Medical Form (A-B-C) Part C must be signed by a family doctor or physician.
In addition, if you are under the age of 18, you will need to do the following:
- Application for Work Permit This needs signed by your high school principal and/or guidance counselor.
- Under 18 Driver Release Form This must be signed by your parent/guardian.
- Fingerprinting Waiver Volunteers and CITs ONLY.
Additional Optional Training
- ServSafe You must have this training in order to serve food in the Dining Hall.
Pre-Camp Staff Training:
We will have two pre-camp staff training days.
- Saturday, May 20 (CPR training, Check inventories, Initial area assessment)
- Saturday, June 10 (Online training, Area work, Finalize paperwork)