Who Should Attend?
This orientation is designed for district committee and commissioners. It will provide basic knowledge to serve and be successful in your position.
Goals for the Workshop
As a result of completing the District Committee Training Workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Define the four functions of district operation and list all the positions and
structures of the district that carry out each of the four functions. List four tasks accomplished under each of the four functions.
2. Identify the major tasks of their specific committee or district assignment
and define the ways each task might be accomplished.
3. Review a list of 12 responsibilities and correctly label each and assign to either the district chair, district commissioner, or the district executive.
4. Explain why a particular assignment is essential to district operation.
5. Name three other positions or committees of the district that they might need to contact to carry out their assignments in the district.
How do I take this course?
This course can be taken through the My.Scouting.org account.